The Opticon OPN-3002n is a small 2D Bluetooth data collector. With a fast integrated 2D CMOS scanner and fully rechargeable. In occasions where Bluetooth is not provided, access by the USB port enables (cabled) data transfer to any USB device.
The Opticon OPN-3002n is supplied as a ready to go functional kit including a USB cable and lanyard. With its unique ergonomic design and weighing only 60 grams the OPN-3002 is perfectly suited to being worn around the user’s neck with the lanyard supplied. The Opticon OPN-3002n has a drop resistance to 1.5 meters (no need for a special protection cover).
Ease in use
Using the Opticon OPN-3002n is straightforward. No special training is needed as users only need to press a trigger key to operate and a reset key to control mistakes.
IP Ratings (Ingress Protection)
A two-digit number established by the International Electro Technical Commission, is used to provide an Ingress Protection rating to a piece of electronic equipment or to an enclosure for electronic equipment.
The protection class after EN60529 are indicated by short symbols that consist of the two code letters IP and a code numeral for the amount of the protection.
Example: IP65 (NEMA 4)
The two digits represent different forms of environmental influence:
• The first digit represents protection against ingress of solid objects.
• The second digit represents protection against ingress of liquids.
The larger the value of each digit, the greater the protection. As an example, a product rated IP54 would be better protected against environmental factors than another similar product rated as IP42.
Ingress of solid objects
Ingress of liquids
|0||No protection||No protection|
|1||Protected against solid objects over 50mm e.g. hands, large tools.||Protected against vertically falling drops of water or condensation.|
|2||Protected against solid objects over 12.5mm e.g. hands, large tools.||Protected against falling drops of water, if the case is disposed up to 15 from vertical.|
|3||Protected against solid objects over 2.5mm e.g. wire, small tools.||Protected against sprays of water from any direction, even if the case is disposed up to 60from vertical.|
|4||Protected against solid objects over 1.0mm e.g. wires.||Protected against splash water from any direction.|
|5||Limited protection against dust ingress.
(no harmful deposit)
|Protected against low pressure water jets from any direction. Limited ingress permitted.|
|6||Totally protected against dust ingress.||Protected against high pressure water jets from any direction. Limited ingress permitted.|
|7||N/A||Protected against short periods of immersion in water.|
|8||N/A||Protected against long, durable periods of immersion in water.|
|9k||N/A||Protected against close-range high pressure, high temperature spray downs.|
Which type of symbologies can be decoded?
Mind that all scanners/engines that will decode 2D symbologies wil ALSO decode 1D barcodes.
These are samples to show what is meant by this feature.
Always consult the leaflet and/or datasheet to determine exactly which symbologies are supported!
Please contact us for assistance when in doubt about scanning/decoding functionality.
USB type connections (most common):
subD9 type serial/RS232C connections:
RJ45 type serial/RS232C connection:
RJ45 type ethernet connection:
- USB mini
- Bluetooth HID
- Bluetooth SPP
- Opticon OPN-3002n Pocket Memory Scanner with Bluetooth
- Article number: 13168 Opticon OPN-3002n
- CPU: 32-bit CISC / 96 MHz
- O/S: Proprietary
- RTC: Supports year, month, day, hour, minute, second (leap year supported)
- FlashROM: 1 MB SRAM: 96 kB
- Visual: 1 led (red/green/blue) non-visual: buzzer
- Entry options: 2 keys total, 1 function key, 1 scan key
- USB: mini USB
- BLUETOOTH: Ver. 2.1, SPP, HID, 1 to 1 connection, master / slave mode, authentication and encryption
- Operating time: 10 hours (2 scans / 10 sec incl Bluetooth communication)
2D imager optics
- Light source: green aiming led, 2 illumination red leds
- Scan method: CMOS area sensor, 752 x 480 pixels
- Scan rate: up to 60 fps
- Reading pitch angle: -50 to 0˚, 0 to +50˚
- Reading skew angle: -50 to 0˚, 0 to +50˚
- Reading tilt angle: 360˚
- Focal distance: 124.8 mm / 4.91 in from front
- Curvature: R>20 mm (12 digits) R>16 mm (10 digits)
- Min. resolution AT PCS 0.9: 0.127 mm / 5 mil
- Min. PCS value: 0.30
- Field of view: horizontal 40.6º, vertical 26.4º
- Depth of field: at Code 39, 90 - 110 mm / 3.54 - 4.33 in (0.127 mm / 5 mil), 65 - 185 mm / 2.56 - 7.28 in (0.254 mm / 10 mil), 65 - 260 mm / 2.56 - 10.24 in (0.508 mm / 20 mil)
- Depth of field: at QR Code 90 - 110 mm / 3.54 - 4.33 in (0.212 mm / 8.4 mil), 55 - 180 mm / 2.17 - 7.09 in (0.381 mm / 15 mil) * The depth of field depends on the view angle and symbol length
- Barcode (1D): UPC-a, UPC-a add-on, UPC-E, UPC-E add-on, EaN-13, EaN-13 add-on, EAN-8, EAN-8 add-on, JAN-8, JAN-13, Code 39, Tri-Optic, Codabar (Nw-7), In-dustrial 2 of 5, Interleaved 2 of 5, S-Code, IaTa, Code 93, Code 128, MSI/Plessey, Uk/Plessey, TElEPEN, Matrix 2of5, Code 11, GS1 DataBar, GS1 DataBar limited, GS1 DataBar Expanded, Composite GS1-DataBar, Composite GS1-128, Composite EAN, Composite UPCTri-Optic
- Postal Code: Chinese Post, korean Postal authority code
- 2D Code: PDF417, MicroPDF417, Codablock F, QR Code , Micro QR Code, DataMatrix (ECC 0 - 140 / ECC 200), MaxiCode (Modes 2 to 5), aztec Code, Chinese Sensible Code
- Temperature in operattion: 0 to 50 ˚C / 32 to 122 ˚F
- Temperature in storage: -20 to 60 ˚C / -4 to 140 ºF
- Humidity in operation: 20 - 85% (non-condensing)
- Humidity in storage: 20 - 85% (non-condensing)
- Ambient light immunity: Fluorescent 10,000 lx max, Direct sun 100,000 lx max, Incandescent 10,000 lx max
- Drop test: 1.5 m / 5 ft drop onto concrete surface
- Protection rate: IP 42
- Dimensions (w x H x D): 36 x 83 x 21.5 mm / 1.42 x 3.27 x 0.85 in
- Weight Body: Ca. 57 g / 2 oz (incl. battery)
- Case: ABS, black or white
Regulatory & Safety
- Product compliance: CE, FCC, VCCI, RoHS, JIS-C-6802 Class 2, IEC 60825-1 Class 2, FDa CDRH Class II, IEC62471-1, EN60950-1, IEC60950-1, EN55022, EN55024
USB cable, Neck strap
- USB client cable for terminal Article number : 12300
- Neckstrap cannot be ordered separately
- Handstrap Article number : 10225
- Power supply 5,0V/1A incl EU plug Article number : USBCHARGE_NET
- Car charging adapter Article number : USBCHARGE_CAR
- Universal Menubook Article number : 10961
- Scan window protector Article number : SWP-3
- Single-bay docking station Article number : CMT-1
- 6-bay docking station Article number : CMT-6