The Opticon OPN-4000i is a small programmable CCD Bluetooth data collector. The CCD engine enables barcodes to be read from PC and smart phone screens easily. In occasions where Bluetooth is not provided, access by the USB port enables (cabled) data transfer to any USB device.
The Opticon OPN-4000i is especially designed for use in combination with Apple iDevices (such as iPod, iPad and iPhone). By supporting Apple MFi a faster data transfer is realized.
The Opticon OPN-4000i enables each organization to integrate barcode scanning in a simple and efficient way into various mobile applications, including sales and service, retail point-of-sale (POS), inventory management, asset tracking, visitor registration and inventory.
IP Ratings (Ingress Protection)
A two-digit number established by the International Electro Technical Commission, is used to provide an Ingress Protection rating to a piece of electronic equipment or to an enclosure for electronic equipment.
The protection class after EN60529 are indicated by short symbols that consist of the two code letters IP and a code numeral for the amount of the protection.
Example: IP65 (NEMA 4)
The two digits represent different forms of environmental influence:
• The first digit represents protection against ingress of solid objects.
• The second digit represents protection against ingress of liquids.
The larger the value of each digit, the greater the protection. As an example, a product rated IP54 would be better protected against environmental factors than another similar product rated as IP42.
Ingress of solid objects
Ingress of liquids
|0||No protection||No protection|
|1||Protected against solid objects over 50mm e.g. hands, large tools.||Protected against vertically falling drops of water or condensation.|
|2||Protected against solid objects over 12.5mm e.g. hands, large tools.||Protected against falling drops of water, if the case is disposed up to 15 from vertical.|
|3||Protected against solid objects over 2.5mm e.g. wire, small tools.||Protected against sprays of water from any direction, even if the case is disposed up to 60from vertical.|
|4||Protected against solid objects over 1.0mm e.g. wires.||Protected against splash water from any direction.|
|5||Limited protection against dust ingress.
(no harmful deposit)
|Protected against low pressure water jets from any direction. Limited ingress permitted.|
|6||Totally protected against dust ingress.||Protected against high pressure water jets from any direction. Limited ingress permitted.|
|7||N/A||Protected against short periods of immersion in water.|
|8||N/A||Protected against long, durable periods of immersion in water.|
|9k||N/A||Protected against close-range high pressure, high temperature spray downs.|
Which type of symbologies can be decoded?
Mind that all scanners/engines that will decode 2D symbologies wil ALSO decode 1D barcodes.
These are samples to show what is meant by this feature.
Always consult the leaflet and/or datasheet to determine exactly which symbologies are supported!
Please contact us for assistance when in doubt about scanning/decoding functionality.
USB type connections (most common):
subD9 type serial/RS232C connections:
RJ45 type serial/RS232C connection:
RJ45 type ethernet connection:
- USB mini
- Bluetooth HID
- Bluetooth SPP
- Opticon OPN-4000i Pocket Memory Scanner with Bluetooth
- Article number: 13442 Opticon OPN-4000i
- CPU: 32-bit CISC / 96 MHz
- O/S: Proprietary
- RTC: Supports year, month, day, hour, minute, second (leap year supported)
- FlashROM: 1 MB SRAM: 96 kB
- Visual: 1 lED (red/green), 1 lED (blue)
- Non-Visual: Buzzer
- Entry Options: 2 keys total, 1 function key, 1 scan key
- USB: mini USB
- Bluetooth: Ver. 2.1, SPP, HID, 1 to 1 connection, master / slave mode, authentication and encryption
- Rechargeable Battery: lithium-Ion Polymer 3.7V 600mah Operating time:
- 25 hours (2 scans / 10 sec incl Bluetooth communication)
- Charging method: Enclosed USB cable
Barcode scanner optics
- lIght source: 1 red lED Scan method: CCD linear sensor, 1500 pixels reading
- Pitch angle: -50 to 0˚, 0 to +50˚ Reading skew angle: -65 to 0˚, 0 to +65˚
- Reading tilt angle: -25 to 0˚, 0 to +25˚
- Curvature: R>20 mm (EaN13) R>15 mm (EaN8) MIN.
- Resolution AT PCS 0.9: 0.1 mm (Code 39)
- Depth of Field: at Code 39, 75 - 120 mm / 2.95 - 4.72 in (0.127 mm / 5 mil), 65 - 130 mm / 2.56 - 5.12 in (0.15 mm / 6 mil) 55 - 220 mm / 2.17 - 8.66 in (0.254 mm / 10 mil), 55 - 240 mm / 2.17 - 9.45 in (0.508 mm / 20 mil), 70 - 520 mm / 2.76 - 20.47 oz (1.0 mm / 39 mil)
- Barcode (1D): JAN/UPC/EAN incl. add on, Codabar/Nw-7, Code 11, Code 39, Code 93, Code 128, gS1-128 (EaN-128), gS1 DataBar (RSS) (exl.stacked), IaTa, Industrial 2of5, Interleaved 2of5, ISBN-ISSM-ISSN, Matrix 2of5, MSI/Plessey, S-Code, Telepen, Tri-Optic, Uk/Plessey POSTal CODE: Chinese Post, korean Postal authority Code
- Temperature in operation: 0 to 50 ˚C / 32 to 122 ˚F
- Temperature in storage: -20 to 60 ˚C / -4 to 140 ºF
- Humidity in operation: 20 - 85% (non-condensing)
- Humidity in storage: 20 - 85% (non-condensing)
- Ambient light immunity: Fluorescent 10,000 lx max, Direct sun 100,000 lx max
- Drop test: 1.2 m / 3.9 ft drop onto concrete surface
- Dimensions (w x H x D): 36 x 83 x 21.5 mm / 1.42 x 3.27 x 0.85 in
- Weight body: Ca. 53 g / 1.87 oz (incl. battery)
- Case: ABS, white
Regulatory & safety
- Product Compliance: CE, FCC, VCCI, RoHS, IEC62471-1, EN60950-1, IEC60950-1, EN55022, EN 55022, EN 301 489-1 V1.9.2, EN 301 489-17 V2.1.1, EN 300 328 V1.7.1
- USB cable, Neck strap
- USB client cable for terminal Article number : 12300
- Neckstrap cannot be ordered separately
- Handstrap Article number : 10225
- Power supply 5,0V/1A incl EU plug Article number : USBCHARGE_NET
- Car charging adapter Article number : USBCHARGE_CAR
- Universal Menubook Article number : 10961
- Scan window protector Article number : SWP-3
- Single-bay docking station Article number : CMT-1
- 6-bay docking station Article number : CMT-6