The Opticon RS-2006 Bluetooth ring scanner is a comfortable and easy to implement productivity tool for all mobile operators who regularly need to scan barcodes. The small, lightweight RS-2006 ring scanner rests on two fingers. The Bluetooth 4.0 module may be paired with any Bluetooth-enabled handheld, wearable or fixed-station. Operators gain unsurpassed freedom of movement to perform barcode reading tasks quickly, safely and comfortably - all while keeping both hands free to perform tasks.
Designed for right-handed and left-handed usage
Both right-handed and left-handed operators are able to use the RS-2006. The scanner can be rotated horizontally (180 degrees) to accomodate use for the opposite hand, while there are no tools necessary.
Bluetooth 4.0 communication interface
For data transmission to a Bluetooth hosting device, two profiles are available on the Opticon RS2006.
The SPP profile allows the user to use a data loading tool and configure some Bluetooth transmission settings. For direct transmission without using any tools the HID profile will fit the immediate wireless transfer needs.
In occasions where Bluetooth is not provided, access by the USB-VCP (USB-HID and USB-MSD on request) port enables (cabled) data transfer to any USB device.
Using this Opticon RS2006 high performance laser scanner is very easy, the strap trigger (thumb-activated) enables fast and accurate scanning.
This lightweight Opticon RS2006 weighs in at approximately 42 g / 1.42 oz, that is including battery and strap.
IP Ratings (Ingress Protection)
A two-digit number established by the International Electro Technical Commission, is used to provide an Ingress Protection rating to a piece of electronic equipment or to an enclosure for electronic equipment.
The protection class after EN60529 are indicated by short symbols that consist of the two code letters IP and a code numeral for the amount of the protection.
Example: IP65 (NEMA 4)
The two digits represent different forms of environmental influence:
• The first digit represents protection against ingress of solid objects.
• The second digit represents protection against ingress of liquids.
The larger the value of each digit, the greater the protection. As an example, a product rated IP54 would be better protected against environmental factors than another similar product rated as IP42.
Ingress of solid objects
Ingress of liquids
|0||No protection||No protection|
|1||Protected against solid objects over 50mm e.g. hands, large tools.||Protected against vertically falling drops of water or condensation.|
|2||Protected against solid objects over 12.5mm e.g. hands, large tools.||Protected against falling drops of water, if the case is disposed up to 15 from vertical.|
|3||Protected against solid objects over 2.5mm e.g. wire, small tools.||Protected against sprays of water from any direction, even if the case is disposed up to 60from vertical.|
|4||Protected against solid objects over 1.0mm e.g. wires.||Protected against splash water from any direction.|
|5||Limited protection against dust ingress.
(no harmful deposit)
|Protected against low pressure water jets from any direction. Limited ingress permitted.|
|6||Totally protected against dust ingress.||Protected against high pressure water jets from any direction. Limited ingress permitted.|
|7||N/A||Protected against short periods of immersion in water.|
|8||N/A||Protected against long, durable periods of immersion in water.|
|9k||N/A||Protected against close-range high pressure, high temperature spray downs.|
Which type of symbologies can be decoded?
Mind that all scanners/engines that will decode 2D symbologies wil ALSO decode 1D barcodes.
|<img data-cke-saved-src="https://opticon.shop/images/companies/1/img/barcodes/2D-datamatrix.png?1505727868665" src="https://opticon.shop/images/companies/1/img/barcodes/2D-datamatrix.png?1505727868665" "="">
These are samples to show what is meant by this feature.
Always consult the leaflet and/or datasheet to determine exactly which symbologies are supported!
Please contact us for assistance when in doubt about scanning/decoding functionality.
USB type connections (most common):
subD9 type serial/RS232C connections:
RJ45 type serial/RS232C connection:
RJ45 type ethernet connection:
- USB mini
- Bluetooth HID
- Bluetooth SPP
- Opticon RS-2006 Bluetooth Ringscanner
- Article number: 13919
- CPU: 32-bit
- O/S: Proprietary
- SOFTWARE: 4 applications available (also programmable in C-language. Free software development kit with free RX compiler)
- RTC: Supports year, month, day, hour, minute, second (leap year supported)
- FLASHROM: 512 kB
- RAM: 96 kB
- EXTERNAL FLASHROM: 1 MB
- VISUAL: Multi color LED (red/green/orange/blue)
- NON-VISUAL: Buzzer
- ENTRY OPTIONS: 2 keys total, 1 function key, 1 scan key
- STRAP: 1 scan trigger (thumb-activated)
- USB: Mini USB, Ver. 1.1, USB-VCP (USB-HID and USB-MSD on request)
- BLUETOOTH: Ver. 4.0, SPP, HID, 1 to 1 connection, master & slave mode, authentication and encryption
- RECHARGEABLE BATTERY: Lithium-Ion Polymer 3.7V 240mAh
- OPERATING TIME (BATCH): 4500 scans (1 scan / 5 sec) / OPERATING TIME (BATCH, IDLE): 2 months
- OPERATING TIME (BLUETOOTH): 3500 scans (1 scan / 5 sec) /OPERATING TIME (BLUETOOTH, IDLE): 27 hours
- DATA RETENTION TIME: Indefinite
- CHARGING METHOD: Enclosed USB cable
Barcode Scanner Optics
- ENGINE: Opticon / LIGHT SOURCE: 650 nm visible laser diode
- SCAN METHOD: Vibrating mirror /SCAN RATE: 100 scans/sec
- READING PITCH ANGLE: -25 to 0˚, 0 to +25˚ / READING SKEW ANGLE: -40 to -8˚, +8 to +40˚ / READING TILT ANGLE: -20 to 0˚, 0 to +20˚
- CURVATURE: R>15 mm (EAN8), R>20 mm (EAN13) / MIN. PCS VALUE: 0.45
- DEPTH OF FIELD: At PCS 0.9 UPC, 70 - 550 mm / 2.76 - 21.65 in (1.0 mm / 39 mil), 50 - 380 mm / 1.97 - 14.96 in (0.5 mm / 20 mil), 50 - 230 mm / 1.97 - 9.06 in (0.25 mm / 10 mil), 50 - 130 mm / 1.97 - 5.12 in (0.15 mm / 6 mil), 60 - 110 mm / 2.36 - 4.33 in (0.127 mm / 5 mil)
- BARCODE (1D): JAN/UPC/EAN incl. add on, Codabar/NW-7, Code 11, Code 39, Code 93, Code 128, GS1-128 (EAN-128), GS1 DataBar (RSS), IATA, Industrial 2of5, Interleaved 2of5, ISBN-ISMN-ISSN, Matrix 2of5, MSI/Plessey-UK/Plessey, S-Code, Telepen, Tri-Optic POSTAL CODE: Chinese Post, Korean Postal Authority code
- STACKED CODE (1D): GS1 stacked
- 2D CODE: none
- TEMPERATURE IN OPERATION: 0 to 40 ˚C / 32 to 104 ˚F / TEMPERATURE IN STORAGE: -20 to 60 ˚C / -4 to 140 ˚F
- HUMIDITY IN OPERATION: 20 - 85% (non-condensing) / HUMIDITY IN STORAGE: 20 - 85% (non-condensing)
- AMBIENT LIGHT IMMUNITY: White 4,000 lx max, Fluorescent 4,000 lx max, Direct sun 80,000 lx
- MAX DROP TEST: 1.5 m / 5 ft drop onto concrete surface / VIBRATION TEST: 10 - 100 Hz with 2G for 30 min
- PROTECTION RATE: IP 42
- PHYSICAL DIMENSIONS (W x H x D): 54 x 45 x 62 mm / 2.13 x 1.77 x 2.44 in
- WEIGHT: Ca. 42 g / 1.42 oz (incl. battery and strap)
- CASE: ABS, Black
Regulatory & safety
- PRODUCT COMPLIANCE: CE, FCC, RoHS, JIS-C-6802 Class 2, IEC 60825-1 Class 2, FDA CDRH Class II
- USB client cable Article number : 12300
- Neckstrap cannot be ordered separately
- CMT-5RS - 5-bay Docking Station for RS-2006 Article number : CMT-5RS
- Scan window protector Article number : SWP-2
- Handstrap Article number : 10225
- Power supply 5,0V/1A incl EU plug Article number : USBCHARGE_NET
- Car charging adapter Article number : USBCHARGE_CAR
- Universal Menubook Article number : 10961