Opticon OPR2001 barcodescanner is a sleek barcode reader features a compact and modern design yet is lightweight and delivers reliable performance using Opticon’s proven scanning technology.
Compact and Modern Design
The sophisticated design of the Opticon OPR-2001 barcodescanner blends well with today’s modern offi ce furniture and accessories
while using very little counter space.
The Opticon OPR2001 barcodescanner integrated auto-trigger while in complementing stand automatically initiates scanning to allow hands-free
At just 60 g (2.1 oz) this ultra-lightweight Opticon OPR2001 barcodescanner, yet solid scanner withstands the rigors of daily use and can
withstand multiple drops of up to 1.5 m (5 ft) onto concrete.
High Performance Laser Scanner
The Opticon OPR2001 barcodescanner High performance laser scanner provides a fast and accurate first time scan and is immediately ready for the next scan even when the barcodes are printed with low contrast or high density.
IP Ratings (Ingress Protection)
A two-digit number established by the International Electro Technical Commission, is used to provide an Ingress Protection rating to a piece of electronic equipment or to an enclosure for electronic equipment.
The protection class after EN60529 are indicated by short symbols that consist of the two code letters IP and a code numeral for the amount of the protection.
Example: IP65 (NEMA 4)
The two digits represent different forms of environmental influence:
• The first digit represents protection against ingress of solid objects.
• The second digit represents protection against ingress of liquids.
The larger the value of each digit, the greater the protection. As an example, a product rated IP54 would be better protected against environmental factors than another similar product rated as IP42.
Ingress of solid objects
Ingress of liquids
|0||No protection||No protection|
|1||Protected against solid objects over 50mm e.g. hands, large tools.||Protected against vertically falling drops of water or condensation.|
|2||Protected against solid objects over 12.5mm e.g. hands, large tools.||Protected against falling drops of water, if the case is disposed up to 15 from vertical.|
|3||Protected against solid objects over 2.5mm e.g. wire, small tools.||Protected against sprays of water from any direction, even if the case is disposed up to 60from vertical.|
|4||Protected against solid objects over 1.0mm e.g. wires.||Protected against splash water from any direction.|
|5||Limited protection against dust ingress.
(no harmful deposit)
|Protected against low pressure water jets from any direction. Limited ingress permitted.|
|6||Totally protected against dust ingress.||Protected against high pressure water jets from any direction. Limited ingress permitted.|
|7||N/A||Protected against short periods of immersion in water.|
|8||N/A||Protected against long, durable periods of immersion in water.|
|9k||N/A||Protected against close-range high pressure, high temperature spray downs.|
Which type of symbologies can be decoded?
Mind that all scanners/engines that will decode 2D symbologies wil ALSO decode 1D barcodes.
These are samples to show what is meant by this feature.
Always consult the leaflet and/or datasheet to determine exactly which symbologies are supported!
Please contact us for assistance when in doubt about scanning/decoding functionality.
USB type connections (most common):
subD9 type serial/RS232C connections:
RJ45 type serial/RS232C connection:
RJ45 type ethernet connection:
- Opticon OPR-2001 Laser Barcode Scanner
- Article number: 11645 Opticon OPR2001 Black USB incl stand
- Voltage requirement: 5 V ± 10 % (Keyboard Wedge and USB)
- Current consumption: max. 150 mA
- Light source: 650 nm visible laser diode
- Scan method: Bi-directional scanning
- Scan rate: 100 scans/sec
- Reading pitch angle: -35 to 0°, 0 to +35°
- Reading skew angle: -50 to -8°, +8 to +50°
- Reading tilt angle: -20 to 0°, 0 to +20°
- Curvature: R>15 mm (EAN8), R>20 mm (EAN13)
- Reading width: depending on reading distance and barcode label resolution
- Min. resolution at PCS 0.9: 0.127 mm / 5 mil
- Min. PCS value: 0.45
- Depth of field (view drawing)
- Depth of field: at PCS 0.9, Code 39
- 40 - 500 mm / 1.57 - 19.69 in (res. 1.0 mm / 39 mil),
- 20 - 350 mm / 0.79 - 13.78 in (res. 0.5 mm / 20 mil),
- 20 - 200 mm / 0.79 - 7.87 in (res. 0.25 mm / 10 mil),
- 20 - 100 mm / 0.79 - 3.94 in (res. 0.15 mm / 6 mil),
- 30 - 70 mm / 1.18 - 2.76 in (res. 0.127 mm / 5 mil)
- Available interfaces: USB(HID keyboard / VCP serial port)
- Supported 1D barcode Symbologies: JAN/UPC/EAN (WPC) incl. add on, Chinese Post, Codabar/NW-7, Code 11, Code 39, Code 93, Code 128, IATA, Industrial 2of5, Interleaved 2of5, ISBN-ISMN-ISSN, Korean Postal Authority code, Matrix 2of5, MSI/Plessey-UK/Plessey, RSS, S-Code, Telepen, Tri-Optic, Composite codes
- Supported 1D stacked Symbologies: Composite codes, MicroPDF417, PDF417
- Supported 2D barcode Symbologies: -
- Trigger mode: manual, auto-trigger
- Temperature in operation: -5 to 50 °C / -23 to 122 °F
- Temperature in storage: -20 to 60 °C / -4 to 140 °F
- Humidity in operation: 20 - 85 % (non-condensing)
- Humidity in storage: 10 - 90 % (non-condensing)
- Ambient fluorescent light rejection: 3,000 lx max.
- Ambient direct sun light rejection: 50,000 lx max.
- Ambient incandescent light rejection: 3,000 lx max.
- Shock drop test: 1.5 m / 5 ft drop onto concrete surface
- Shock vibration test: 10 - 100 Hz with 2G for 1 hour
- Protection (dust and moisture, IEC529): IP 42
- Dimensions: 56 x 151 x 31 mm / 2.20 x 5.94 x 1.22 in (view drawing)
- Case material: ABS
- Weight body: Ca. 60 g / 2.1 oz
- Connector Keyboard Wedge: MiniDIN6 F/M
- Connector RS232: DB9 with external power
- Connector USB: USB-A
- Dimensions: ST-90: 100 x 175 x 127 mm / 3.94 x 6.89 x 5.00 in (excl. scanner)
- Weight: Ca. 115 g / 4.1 oz
- Purpose: Auto-trigger stand
- Laser safety class: JIS-C-6802 Class 2, IEC 60825-1 Class 2, FDA CDRH Class II
- Product compliance: CE, FCC, VCCI, RoHS
- Click to download Universal Menubook (605kb)
- Opticonfigure Universal Menubook online
Opticonfigure wordt u ter beschikking gesteld door Opticon.
De inhoud en onderhoud van deze website valt onder het beheer van Opticon Sensors Europe.
- Stand for OPR-2001 Article number : 11647
- Universal Menubook Article number : 10961