The Opticon PX-20 is the smallest programmable 2D Bluetooth data collector. With a fast integrated 2D CMOS scanner and when fully charged, offering operating times of up to 35 hours. In occasions where Bluetooth is not provided, access by the USB port enables (cabled) data transfer to any USB device.
The Opticon PX20 is supplied as a ready to go functional kit including a USB cable and lanyard. With its unique ergonomic design and weighing only 40 grams the PX20 is perfectly suited to being worn around the user’s neck with the lanyard supplied. Besides a modern and well thought-out design the PX20 has a drop resistance to 1.8 meters (no need for a special protection cover) and is IP 54. The PX20 is modern, fully functional and very durable, perfect for outdoor operations.
Which type of symbologies can be decoded?
Mind that all scanners/engines that will decode 2D symbologies wil ALSO decode 1D barcodes.
These are samples to show what is meant by this feature.
Always consult the leaflet and/or datasheet to determine exactly which symbologies are supported!
Please contact us for assistance when in doubt about scanning/decoding functionality.
- Bluetooth HID
- Bluetooth SPP
IP Ratings (Ingress Protection)
A two-digit number established by the International Electro Technical Commission, is used to provide an Ingress Protection rating to a piece of electronic equipment or to an enclosure for electronic equipment.
The protection class after EN60529 are indicated by short symbols that consist of the two code letters IP and a code numeral for the amount of the protection.
Example: IP65 (NEMA 4)
The two digits represent different forms of environmental influence:
• The first digit represents protection against ingress of solid objects.
• The second digit represents protection against ingress of liquids.
The larger the value of each digit, the greater the protection. As an example, a product rated IP54 would be better protected against environmental factors than another similar product rated as IP42.
Ingress of solid objects
Ingress of liquids
|0||No protection||No protection|
|1||Protected against solid objects over 50mm e.g. hands, large tools.||Protected against vertically falling drops of water or condensation.|
|2||Protected against solid objects over 12.5mm e.g. hands, large tools.||Protected against falling drops of water, if the case is disposed up to 15 from vertical.|
|3||Protected against solid objects over 2.5mm e.g. wire, small tools.||Protected against sprays of water from any direction, even if the case is disposed up to 60from vertical.|
|4||Protected against solid objects over 1.0mm e.g. wires.||Protected against splash water from any direction.|
|5||Limited protection against dust ingress.
(no harmful deposit)
|Protected against low pressure water jets from any direction. Limited ingress permitted.|
|6||Totally protected against dust ingress.||Protected against high pressure water jets from any direction. Limited ingress permitted.|
|7||N/A||Protected against short periods of immersion in water.|
|8||N/A||Protected against long, durable periods of immersion in water.|
|9k||N/A||Protected against close-range high pressure, high temperature spray downs.|
- Opticon PX20 Pocket Memory Scanner with Bluetooth
- Article number: 13131 Opticon PX20
- CPU: RX62N 32-bit MCU
- O/S: Proprietary Software Multiple applications available (also programmable in C-language. Free software development kit with free RX compiler)
- RTC: Supports year, month, day, hour, minute, second (leap year supported)
- FlashROM: 512 kB RAM: 96 kB External FlashROM 1024 kB (>50.000 barcodes + time stamp)
- Visual: 1 LED (red/green/blue) Non-visual Buzzer
- Entry options: 2 keys total, 1 function key, 1 scan key
- USB: MicroUSB, VCP
- Bluetooth: Ver. 2.1, SPP, HID, 1 to 1 connection, master / slave mode, authentication and encryption
- Operating time: 20 hours (1 scan / minute incl Bluetooth communication), 35 hours (1 scan / minute, Bluetooth not activated)
- Charging method: Enclosed USB cable
Barcode Scanner Optics
- 2D Light source: Green aiming LED, 2 illumination red LEDs
- 2D Scan method: CMOS area sensor, 752 x 480 pixels
- 2D Scan rate: Up to 60 fps
- 2D Reading pitch angle: -50 to 0º, 0 to 50º
- 2D Reading skew angle: -50 to 0º, 0 to 50º
- 2D Reading tilt angle: 360º
- 2D Focal distance: 30 mm / 5.12 in from front
- 2D Curvature R>20 mm
- 2D Min. Resolution at PCS 0.9 0.127 mm / 5 mil
- 2D Min. PCS value: 0.30
- 2D Field of view: Horizontal 40.6º, Vertical 26.4º
- 2D Depth of field: At Code 39, 90 - 125 mm / 0.30 - 0.41 in (0.127 mm / 5 mil), 55 - 200 mm / 0.18 - 0.66 in (0.254 mm / 10 mil), * - 300 mm / * - 0.98 in (0.508 mm / 20 mil). At QR Code, 95 - 120 mm / 3.74 - 4.72 in (0.212 mm / 8.4 mil), 60 - 200 mm / 2.36 - 7.87 in (0.381 mm / 15 mil) * The depth of field depends on the view angle and symbol length
- Barcode (1D): UPC-A, UPC-A Add-on, UPC-E, UPC-E Add-on, EAN-13, EAN-13 Add-on, EAN-8, EAN-8 Add-on, JAN-8, JAN-13, Code 39, Tri-Optic, Codabar (NW-7), Industrial 2 of 5, Interleaved 2 of 5, S-Code, IATA, Code 93, Code 128, MSI/Plessey, UK/Plessey, TELEPEN, Matrix 2of5, Code 11, GS1 DataBar, GS1 DataBar Limited, GS1 DataBar Expanded, Composite GS1-DataBar, Composite GS1-128, Composite EAN, Composite UPC
- Postal code: Chinese Post, Korean Postal Authority code
- 2D code: PDF417, MicroPDF417, Codablock F, QR Code , Micro QR Code, DataMatrix (ECC 0 - 140 / ECC 200), MaxiCode (Modes 2 to 5), Aztec Code, Chinese Sensible Code
- Temperature in operation: -10 to 50 ºC / 14 to 122 ºF
- Temperature in storage: -20 to 60 ºC / -4 to 140 ºF
- Humidity in operation: 20 - 85% (non-condensing)
- Humidity in storage: 20 - 85% (non-condensing)
- Ambient light immunity: Fluorescent 10,000 lx max, Direct sun 100,000 lx max, Incandescent 10,000 lx max
- Drop test: 1.8 m / 6 ft drop onto concrete surface
- Protection rate: IP 54
- Dimensions (w x h x d): 34 x 71 x 15 mm / 1.34 x 2.8 x 0.59 in
- Weight body: Ca. 40 g / 1.4 oz (incl. battery)
- Case: ABS, Black
Regulatory & Safety
- Product compliance: CE, FCC, VCCI, RoHS, JIS-C-6802 Class 2, IEC 60825-1 Class 2, FDA CDRH Class II, IEC62471, EN60950-1, IEC60950-1, EN55022, EN55024
Micro USB cable, Neck strap
- Micro USB client cable for terminal cannot be ordered separately
- Neckstrap cannot be ordered separately
- Handstrap Article number : 10225
- Power supply 5,0V/1A incl EU plug Article number : USBCHARGE_NET
- Car charging adapter Article number : USBCHARGE_CAR
- Universal Menubook Article number : 10961