The MDI-5010 is a reliable 2D CMOS imager barcode scan engine, built with Opticon’s innovative, industry-leading imaging technology. Despite its extremely compact size, the MDI-5010 comes packed with a multitude of features. That includes a 1280 x 800 pixel CMOS sensor, a very high speed processor and enough high speed memory to decode even the most complex 2D barcodes.
The MDI-5010 is a Fixed Focus module and can be ordered in the following model:
- Medium Range (MR) model - FF @ 165mm
A scan rate of up to 120 frames per second (fps) supports high-speed scanning of 1D and 2D barcodes, as well as OCR fonts making the MDI-5010 one of the fastest 2D imager barcode scanners in the market. The separated camera and decoder facilitate integration into space-constrained mobile, medical, and retail barcode scanning devices. This extremely powerful and reliable scan engine is ideal for automated processing in clinical, laboratory, industrial, kiosk, and mobile applications.
Product Highlights Include:
- Extremely compact size, one of the smallest in the market.
- Short start-up time maximizes battery life.
- Drastically reduced power consumption in operating, standby, and low power states.
- High resolution (1280 x 800 pixels) CMOS sensor creates a large depth of field and the ability to read high-resolution barcodes.
- High-performance, low-power 800 MHz CPU and fast (120 fps) CMOS sensor deliver a smooth response by processing large amounts of information in a very short time.
- High frame rate (120 fps) of the CMOS sensor provides exceptional motion tolerance for scanning moving objects.
- Ability to read dot-peen etched Direct Part Marking (DPM) and OCR (OCR-A, OCR-B and MICR font, mostly used in Visas, Passports and other documents of similar nature).
- Ability to capture barcodes regardless of reading angle, movement and vibration, poor lighting conditions, and barcode quality (poor quality due to conditions like damage, poor printing, and low contrast).
- Various configuration options, such as shutter speed and gain for moving objects, decoding area. The ability to scan multiple barcodes on a single label, power consumption, and regular expressions for configuring the output string.
- A well-defined, single line of green LED light and an efficient warm-white LED illumination provide easy aiming, safety, and long life.
- Communication interface: USB and Serial, with the ability to switch between the interfaces.
- 2-year warranty.
- RoHS compliance.
Which type of symbologies can be decoded?
These are samples to show what is meant by this feature.
Please contact us for assistance when in doubt about scanning/decoding functionality.